Health & Safety Policy
The Board of Elfab is committed to promoting high standards of safety, health and welfare in all work areas.
To achieve this the Board will:
- Strive to achieve continual improvement in the health & safety performance culture at all levels within Elfab.
- Require and ensure compliance with all relevant legal duties & other requirements in respect of health and safety at work legislation.
- Provide adequate resources for planning, provision and maintenance of safe working conditions and safe systems of work.
There is an absolute responsibility to keep people safe and our objective is to plan, control and monitor our activities in such a manner so as not to harm anyone. This includes those directly or indirectly employed, visitors, members of the public and anyone else who may be affected by our operations. To achieve this Elfab:
- Plan to implement a health and safety management system generally in accordance with the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001.
- Uses accident frequency rate (AFR) as a key performance indicator of health and safety performance.
- Regularly analyses business performance and, if found lacking, ensure improvement plans are implemented swiftly.
Responsibilities for health and safety management are satisfied through a health & safety management system (HSMS).
- All employees, contractors, consultants, suppliers and visitors have a duty to play an active part in maintaining compliance with their legal obligations and this health and safety policy.
- The Operations Director is responsible for, and the leader of, the implementation of health and safety Policies and Procedures.
- Managers and staff who are given specific duties for controlling work, preparing risk assessments, safety plans etc, will be given appropriate advice, information, instruction, training and supervision to successfully undertake these tasks.
- Health and safety responsibilities are regarded as of at least equal importance as matters such as production and quality for all directors and department managers when planning, preparing and undertaking work.
- The correction of any breach of statutory provision on health and safety will take priority. Should appropriate action not be taken to meet the required standards, this will be taken seriously and may lead to disciplinary action being taken.
Our expectations for communication
Participation, consultation and effective communication are vital aspects of this policy. All employees are encouraged and expected to:
- Discuss safety, health and welfare matters with their managers and colleagues, and seek further expert advice and support where necessary.
- Co‐operate at all times; contribute good ideas and improvements; report actual and potential health and safety deficiencies.
This policy statement will be displayed prominently, or made available to view, at all Elfab workplaces and will be kept under review to ensure its continuing relevance.