Instantaneous notification of explosion vent activation straight to your mobile phone!
Remote Explosion Vent Monitoring
Elfab has launched the industry’s first GSM (Global System for Mobile Communication) explosion vent burst alert system in the form of GSM-Tel, the only burst detection system on the market to use GSM technology to provide instantaneous notification of explosion vent activation. The dual channel, remote monitoring system is capable of interfacing with any of Elfab’s explosion vent designs and suitable for a wide range of applications. Available with* or without an ATEX enclosure allowing for a cost-effective solution dependent on the application environment. In the event of explosion vent activation, the device will send an SMS text message alert for up to 10 users irrelevant of location. Suitable for extremely remote locations, users will receive a fully customisable text alert signifying panel rupture without been adjacent to the process. This cost-effective solution is simple to configure and easy to maintain. GSM-Tel enhances Elfab’s existing Vent-Tel detection system making it suitable for a wider range of customers across the globe.
GSM-Tel combines Elfab’s traditional Vent-Tel detector with GSM technology to provide a modern and reliable burst detection system irrelevant of range. Traditional Vent-Tel operates on a simple reed switch and magnet technology, offering a practical solution for explosion vent burst detection, which can trigger a safe and rapid shut-down of the process. Upgrading to GSM-Tel allows for improved monitoring from afar. Simple to set-up and install, GSM-Tel can be supplied for deployment in hazardous areas or harsh operating environments. The battery operated system provides power for up to 2 years of service which can be easily changed when required for long-term reliability and minimal maintenance. This fail-safe solution is not subject to false alarms, providing reliable and robust burst detection for a range of applications requiring explosion venting systems.
– Battery operated providing 2 years of service (no external power supply required)
– Single or dual channel sensing (1 enclosure can be used for up to 2 panels)
– Send text alerts for up to 10 users
– Fully customisable text alerts for alarms and new status updates (messaging and scheduling is programmable via simple online software)
– Explosion panel fitted with 10m length panel Vent-Tel for maximum range
– Accepts standard size GSM network SIM card
– ATEX enclosure available on request
Features & Benefits
– Virtually maintenance free
– Simple installation and set-up
– Compatible with Elfab’s full explosion range
– Excellent with remote locations
– Non-invasive to the process
– Easy to upgrade existing installations
– Less wiring – cost effective solution
*Available on request – lead-time dependent.